Volunteers are a critical component of the success of the HCS Athletics program. Please contact the Blue & White Athletic Club for more information about specific needs.
All volunteers (including unpaid coaches and concession workers) must complete and return the Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers (PDF) to the school prior to participation.
Required Parental Background Clearances for Parent Volunteers
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requires the following items be completed every 60 months:
- FBI Clearance (Act 114)
- Note: You will not need to submit this clearance if you have resided in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years consecutively.
- Apply online via the Cogent Applicant Registration website.
- Note: On Step 1 of this form, select "SCHOOL DISTRICTS" as the "Reason Fingerprinted".
- Have your fingerprints scanned at the nearest Cogent Fingerprint location.
- You will receive your Cogent results in the mail approximately 4 weeks after getting fingerprinted. These materials are to be provided to the school.
- PA State Police Clearance (Act 34)
- Apply via the PATCH website
- PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
- Apply via the PA Child Welfare Portal (select Create Individual Account)